[duxuser] Re: unwanted italics

  • From: Päivi Suhonen <paivi.suhonen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:11:38 +0300

Hi everybody,

I'm quite new here, but I think can tell you some of my experiencies. Correct
me if I have understood something wrong.

We are starting to produce braille books from Daisy-xml with Duxbury and I have
done some research in this subject. In Daisy-xml the bold and italic are
represented as in html. The problem arises from the fact that Duxbury
translates these into codes, not styles. If they were translated into styles,
it would be easy to set in your template the rule for the styles. But as they
are codes, the only solution is to remove them from the Daisy-xml before
entering Duxbury, if you don't want them in Braille.

Regards,
Päivi