[duxuser] Re: DBT11.1 with .BRF files

  • From: "Lisette Wesseling" <lisettewesseling@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:29:18 +1300

Hi David
I want to be able to open .brf files from within windows explorer, instead of having to run dbt first. This is exactly the problem Alyssa was talking about. I can open .dxb files straight from Windows Explorer, and used to be able to do the same with .brf files. I told Windows what programme to open them in, and it did. It opened Duxbury when I entered on a .brf file because I had associated that file type with dbt. This is what is not working anymore, despite trying to associate .brf with DBT.
Hope that makes sense.
If I'm using the wrong dbt.exe file, where do we find the correct one please?
Lisette

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Holladay" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Alyssa
Hi,
I am having trouble associating .brf files with DBT11.1. I've gone into the set file types dialogue box. I've right-clicked individual files to try to get them to open with DBT, but when I attempt to select it as the default program, my computer refuses to recognize that it even exists and tries to default to something else. Is there something I can do to fix this?
Thanks.

* as the subject to duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . You may also
* options by visiting www.freelists.org .  The list archive
* is also located there.