From: duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David Holladay
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 3:02 PM
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxuser] Re: DBT11.1 with .BRF files

Lisett:

I am confused as to why you would launch DBT this way. I usually use the
Start Menu, or click on an icon on the desktop.

Opening the entire software folder is such a hard way to do things. There
are actually 2 dbtw.exe files (one of them is a program manifest that
reforms the behavior of Microsoft Windows to be more civilized when DBT is
running). While I want to figure out what is going on here, I would
encourage discussion to be off line. I do not want to give the impression
that this is a method of launching DBT that is useful or recommended.

I also want to point out that this problem is a very separate issue from
clicking on a data file, and expecting DBT to launch (that is, linking
certain data file extensions with the DBT application),
which is the problem Alyssa wrote about.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 03:47 PM 2/2/2012, you wrote:
>Hi
>I too have had this problem for months using Windows Vista and all
>versions of DBT 11.
>I select the dbtw.exe file from the Duxbury 11 folder, and when I choose
>"open" it still asks me what programme I want to use. Before I press enter
>on "open" dbt.exe is showing as the selected file name. The "All file
>types" option is selected.
>Maybe I'm missing a step?
>It used to work perfectly in 10.7 on the same machine.
>I wonder if anybody has any ideas
>
>Lisette

* * *
*   unsubscribe