[duxuser] Re: DBT11.1 with .BRF files

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 16:17:03 -0400

Lisett:

I am confused as to why you would launch DBT this way. I usually use the Start Menu, or click on an icon on the desktop.

Opening the entire software folder is such a hard way to do things. There are actually 2 dbtw.exe files (one of them is a program manifest that reforms the behavior of Microsoft Windows to be more civilized when DBT is running). While I want to figure out what is going on here, I would encourage discussion to be off line. I do not want to give the impression that this is a method of launching DBT that is useful or recommended.

I also want to point out that this problem is a very separate issue from clicking on a data file, and expecting DBT to launch (that is, linking certain data file extensions with the DBT application),
which is the problem Alyssa wrote about.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 03:47 PM 2/2/2012, you wrote:
Hi
I too have had this problem for months using Windows Vista and all versions of DBT 11. I select the dbtw.exe file from the Duxbury 11 folder, and when I choose "open" it still asks me what programme I want to use. Before I press enter on "open" dbt.exe is showing as the selected file name. The "All file types" option is selected.
Maybe I'm missing a step?
It used to work perfectly in 10.7 on the same machine.
I wonder if anybody has any ideas

Lisette