[dokuwiki] Re: [Ad] DokuWiki Sync Plugin

  • From: Sebastian Menge <sebastian.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:03:07 +0100

Generally everyone can sell his work as he likes, but:

  * Why should I buy it, if I can get it for free,
    after the threshold is met?

  * No transparency about the state of "funding" for
    this project.

This model is attractive for the author but not for the customers.

My two cents...

Seb.

OT: OTOH, funding dw in general would seem reasonable, since there is a
big community. Then reinvest the money into those things that dont work
well in such F/OSS project (conferences, hardware etc). But again,
transparency first!