[dokuwiki] Re: [Ad] DokuWiki Sync Plugin

  • From: Gregor Geiermann <gregor.geiermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 15:20:50 +0100

>   * Why should I buy it, if I can get it for free,
>     after the threshold is met?

Consider it as a "reverse bounty" - somebody has developed something,
you  want it, you compensate him - others then benefit as well. With
traditional bounties, you want something, somebody develops it, you
compensate him - others benefit as well. It is your decision...

>   * No transparency about the state of "funding" for
>     this project.

The status is displayed here:
http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2009-03/08-dokuwiki_sync_plugin_for_sale

> This model is attractive for the author but not for the customers.

Well, if you are willing to pay money for something, why does it bother
you if others benefit as well? Lossless sharing is THE nice thing about
digital stuff...

Regards
Gregor