[ddots-l] Re: Purchasing A Hi End MAC For Pro Tools

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 12:09:30 -0400

At 11:51 AM 6/2/2010, you wrote:
I think that today, pro tools and mac are over-rated. PCs have great hardware and equivalent processors to mac. I use an RME Audio Interface, and my friend uses pro tools digidesign. he loves the sound produced from the RME way more than his digidesign and wishes he could use it with his pro tools. I think that pcs and macs are comporable today.

Yes, there are much better converters available than the ones included in ProTools hardware. However, ProTools is still the system of choice for so many professional studios. Until that changes, having access to ProTools is one of the best ways we can find more employment in the studios.
Chris