[softwarelist] Re: Importing Impression files into OP

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:43:10 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <47EE42FD.3030803@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes
It's a very long time since I've tried this ...

I have OP 2.77 (17 February 2008) running under VRPC-AdjustSA on a WinXP machine. The !Impulse applet is installed and activated in !OVNPRO.Applets

So, what is the procedure? Open a new OP document, then drag and drop an Impression file into the window? If so, it's not working for me ... all I get is an error message that reads, "Inserted file is of type ImpDoc not Text. Are you sure you want to proceed?" Proceeding generates several lines of spurious characters in the document window.
What am I doing wrong?

The !TransIMP filter needs to have been "seen" ...

Thanks.

Which reminds me there is a tweek to OP Windows that lets you drop an Impression folder document into an Ovation Window to open it - there being no easy way of selecting a folder to open.

Tweek? You mean I have to make some change somewhere, or it's already been made to the latest version ...?

If I could drop the Impression files straight into OPW, that would be the best solution. Does it matter if the Impression documents contain AW graphics?
--
C.B.