[softwarelist] Re: Importing Impression files into OP

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 19:04:33 +0100

In article <009001c8930f$589680b0$8100a8c0@BRUCEA6>,
   Bruce Goatly <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Clive Bonsall wrote:

> > You're quite right ... Dave did refer to an Impression *folder*.
> > However, I'm not sure what the difference is between what you/Dave
> > refer to as a "folder" and what I call a "document" ... ISTR that at
> > some stage CC changed the file format, so that it had the
> > characteristics of a "folder", tho' I may be talking complete pants.
> > FWIW, all my Impression "files" will load into OPW, and some of them
> > are quite complex "documents".

> By 'folder' I meant (and I assume Dave did too) the original file
> format, consisting of a pseudo-application (which looks like a normal
> folder under Windows). I suspect we are in violent agreement here...

> Bruce

Yes Bruce, my original quest after reading the discussion was to load an
Impression (Pseudo app dir) Document Folder, of the original kind into
OvPro as I still have a few of them around the place.

In the end it was quicker and cleaner to load that Doc folder into
Impression and resave as the more recent single file doc, give it a .bc5
extension, then drop that into OvPro win.

Cheers
Dave S