[CTS] Re: Linux?

  • From: TS152@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:42:45 -0500

Security-wise, what documentation is available on how to lock down redhat
linux 6.2 ... or any other linux distribution, for that matter?  Let's say
I want to put my Linux server out on the internet, how can I protect it
from getting hacked?

tom

John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 01/30/2001 10:18:16 AM

Please respond to computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:  computertalkshop-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

Subject:  [CTS] Re: Linux?

On Tuesday 30 January 2001 09:58, you wrote:
> Hi list.
> I have a question for you:
> I'm running both windows 2000 & 98 on a dual boot. I have an empty
> partition on the HD, and I have Red Hat 6.0 on a CD. How do I install
> linux on my "free" partition? Can anyone mail me some instructions?

You can basically just drop in the redhat cd and let it go, it'll present
you with a choice of partitions to install to.  However, RH 6.0 is full of
problems, so the first thing you'll have to do once installing it is go
out to their website and start updating.  I suggest you look into getting
6.2...

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA
# Linux, Apache, Perl and C: All the best things in life are free!

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq

http://questforcertification.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq

http://questforcertification.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm