[CTS] Re: Linux?

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ecvogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:05:22 -0500

I think my boss dump NetWare (Grr.) because of the Exchange server. (Before
I got there.). We use the Exchange server heavly. Only thing, I know nothing
about Linux, nor do I think my boss wants to pay me overtime. It would be
nice if SBS 2000 or 2001 came out. The firewall software is supposed to be
better. Don't forget, with SBS, one cannot live without the other. Things
are tied together a little differntly than say a BackOffice (Full blown)
suite. I will run GRC's test tommorrow. I assume that is a nmap. I know
nothing about security. I am hopping by this Summer I can take some kind of
class. (Proably Win2k Server). I have not played with AD, but saw it
demistrated. All I have to say, NDS (Novell Directory Services) is alot
easier. Also it is more secure than NT and I like the file security soo much
better. If I could. At work I would like to have NetWare do the File and
print services. Acording to a chart, NetWare and the Mac OS did the best for
security for web servers.

I would like to take some Internet Security courses in the future.
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 8:47 PM
Subject: [CTS] Re: Linux?

List HowTo: http://questforcertification.com/cts/faq

http://questforcertification.com/cts/other_cts_lists.htm