[CTS] Re: Linux

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 20:36:20 -0800

Or is it that you can't figure out just how to? (download and install)
<grin>  I feel ya. Installing things in Linux isn't the most pleasant
task. I have found though SuSe is one of the easier distro to install,
but then again, Ubuntu and PCLinuxOS is just about as fast and PCLinuxOS
also mounts the Windows partition automatically, which is a HUGE plus
for me! :-)  Nothing worse than having to edit this and that and pray
you are using the right syntax, and then pray some more that you get it
right. :-O

I actually downloaded SuSe 10.3 the other day. Either the download was
corrupt, or Nero screwed up when I burned it to DVD. <shrug>

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 23:25:13 -0500, "Eric Vogel" <ericcvogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> came
up with this:

> What is everyone's favorite flavor? I do not care for OpenSUSE must use what
> is in repertory and cannot download anything you want. You have to wait till
> it is tested and put in. Like Adobe Reader is behind because of this and I
> cannot install the RPM or anything from adobe.com
>

> Thank you,
>
> Eric Vogel
>
> Need help with your computer or Network?
> http://www.beacontechnologysolutionsllc.com
> <http://www.beacontechnologysolutionsllc.com/>

When a computer dies, does it see a blue screen?

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm