[bookport_users] Re: is anyone out there?

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:21:54 -0500

Since APH has stated that the BP 2 has been delayed and not abandoned, then
I'd wait. I simply do not believe that APH is lying to us, which is what it
comes down to if you don't believe that the BP 2 is already a dead animal.
That's what I plan to do, since the Victor Stream is, imo, a seriously
inferior and deficient device and from the point of view of having NLS
titles available, they'll continue to issue new books in both digital *and*
cassette formats through at least 2011, as they can't possibly equip all of
their users with digital units before then. The only issue is sheer
portability and that's not a major issue for me.