[bookport] Re: new unit proposal

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:27:49 -0500 (CDT)

But everyone's desires are different. One thing which I learned after submitting my wish list a few weeks ago was this. Most people who objected to the wish list also had "just one thing" that they would like to see added, something near and dear to them that they felt the BP really should include. But each one's "near and dear" thing was different, and if you added them all up, you wound up with a list much longer than mine. The point is that we all have our ideas about what we would like to see in the BP. Personally, I think the biggest issue for me would be to find a way of speeding up getting material to the unit. For the next person, it might be something completely different. But just because I personally have no need for a calculator, doesn't minimalize the feelings of someone who wants it, just as the lack of a notetaker doesn't make the Book Courier a better machine.

Bruce -- Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Robert Carter wrote:

Hi All,

My only objection to a calculator is that I would rather see the Book Port developers use their limited time and resources developing things that are unique to the Book Port.

Robert Carter

At 10:46 AM 9/15/2005, you wrote:
I don't think the resources issue is very important anymore.  I use a
dec express but that's because I like the sound of it over the access
32 which comes with windoweyes.  Five years ago this was a real issue,
as somebody always looking for more speed, I don't even buy it
anymore.