[bookport] Re: New Bookport ideas

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:39:01 -0400

No doubt that SD is gaining popularity, primarily because that's what all of
the newer digital cameras take, but there are literally millions of devices
(maybe tens of millions) that use CompactFlash and I just don't believe that
they'll be rendered useless by reason of obsolescence in the near
future--I'd make a swag that there'll still be CompactFlash cards for sale
in ten years, at least.

I looked on DealRAM.com just before I composed the message you referenced
and the 4 Gb size was the largest they showed. I wonder if most cameras have
a max card size that they'll accept of 2 gig and that's why the larger cards
aren't as easy to find.