[bksvol-discuss] Re: pagination

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:49:56 -0700 (PDT)

Ah. I found the problem with my book. I've never seen this before. For some
reason the print book only has page numbers on the lower left-hand corner of
the even-numbered pages, not on the odd-numbered, where they'd be close to the
spine. I'm definiely going to move them fo rmy convenience

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

  From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] pagination

  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Date: Sunday, August 23, 2009, 1:04 PM

  Okay, I'm sure you all are
  sick of my newbie questions, but I've got

  another. Smiles. Most books that I am scanning or proofing do not have the

  page number on the first page of the chapter until the bottom of the page,

  and in the middle at that.  Also, most left facing book pages are
  numbered

  on the left and most right facing pages are on the right. Is it better to

  standardize everything and just put them all in the upper left corner of

  each page, regardless of how it starts out, especially for the cases where

  you are re-creating pagination? I tend to be a traditionalist and keep

  things exactly as I see them, but I am guessing that both for searches and

  orientation that the upper left hand corner of every page might be easiest.

  Your help is greatly appreciated!

  Valerie

  Please pray for Doug's Dad & visit his website:

  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/billkoonce

  put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list