[bksvol-discuss] pagination

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 07:04:28 -0500

Hey guys,
We concentrate a lot on pagination, making sure page numbers are there, making sure that pages and page breaks fall correctly. I just downloaded My Life (I don't download too many books from bookshare, mostly scan my own). So, when got My Life, I noticed that the bookshare automated system screwed up the pagination. I know it wasn't the inhouse people, or I'm pretty much sure of it. It really doesn't matter that there's not 957 pages but over 1000, but this begs the question of why we're concentrating so much on getting pagination correct if the automated strippers and formatters take away the page numbers or screw up the pagination. ID id notice that chapters were retained hough, very nice.

Ner

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com