[bksvol-discuss] Re: pagination

HI Valerie,

        Yes, you poor tired woman!  There is a very simple way to add the
blank lines at both the top and bottom of the pages.

        Let's assume that you have neither initially, okay?

You're using Microsoft word, right?
In the find box of the find and replace dialogue, accessed by pressing
control+h type ^m (That is the symbol for a page break).
In the replace box type ^p^m^p (^p is the symbol for a paragraph mark.
Hit enter on "replace all" and wait.
Word will tell you how many replacements it has made, and this should equal
the number of pages in your book less one.

        This will insert the blank lines before and after a page break.  If
you already have them at the tops of pages, you could replace ^m with ^p^m
and that would put a blank line before each page break, at the bottom of the
page.  Have I totally confused you?
You can find instructions for doing all of this in the scanning and
proofreading manual thanks to Judy S.

Happy proofreading!

Mayrie