[bksvol-discuss] Re: m dash

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 21:04:30 -0500

This is to be informative not argumentitive.  I have asked print readers,
and have found out that double dashes are sometimes used instead of the long
m-dash in print, so it is not only braille readers that find it an
acceptable alternative.  That does not mean that m-dash should not be used
when possible, however, since m-dash was probably used in the book being
scanned, and it is the more common symbol.
I just don't want anyone to get all bent out of shape about them. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net