[bksvol-discuss] Re: m dash

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 18:50:06 -0500

Hi Pam,
You can use Word to fix this. Go into the find/replace dialogue and select
the more button. Then shift-tab to the thing that says, if you have Jaws,
something slightly incoherent like "Button special button button" or
something to that effect. <lol> It's actually not a button but a list, you
can arrow down it and one of the things there will be the em-dash. Hit enter
on it, then check to see that the result, which will display as caret
followed by another character, has ended up in the find and not the replace.
Then go in the replace and type in two dashes, with no spaces before, after,
or in between. Then hit replace all. Before you save check around to make
sure something weird didn't happen. It won't, but there's nothing worse than
the results of an injudicious find/replace, so it always pays to make sure.
Hth, and if this wasn't clear let me know and I'll try to make more sense.
Kellie