[bksvol-discuss] Re: about braille

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:54:02 -0500

Of course my other advantage is that noone has ever suggested there is
anything pure about me!

G.

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
05/18/2004 12:36 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: about braille

Guido,
But if you can visualize the text of things you've read does that mean
that
using your brain on an exam would be considered cheating? <lol>
I don't think in images at all, only sound and something I call "pure
thought" for lack of a better term. One interesting quirk is that if
someone
tells me something and I recall it later I can almost never remember what
language the person was speaking, unless of course I know they only speak
one language. I sure wish I could do more with mental mapping and
imagining
tactile representations of things. It seems to me that an unusual number
of
blind people have some form of synesthesia. Has anyone heard of any
studies
about that?
Kellie