[bksvol-discuss] Re: Social Bodies

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 11:41:58 -0400

HI E:

As a validator I can definitely understand your frustration. I truly wish we could explain to the submitters why a book is being rejected.

I don't think E's comment was offensive. She is genuinely trying to help this submitter get better settings for her scans. When validators post comments about books on the list, submitters should view it as us helping them to get better scans, not as personal attacks. After all, if they produce a better quality book, chances are it will take less time for such book to get in to the collection. If criticism is not made how is someone suppose to learn.

I recently rejected 2 Johanna Lindsey books because of page breaks. Apparently this person scans with columns on instead of 2 page mode. I can just hear other volunteers saying that page breaks can be inserted. Yes they can in some cases. But in this particular case most of the pages have both headers and numbers at the top of the page which makes it impossible to tell where 1 page ends and the other begins. And to get a print copy to put in page breaks, now you're limiting who can validate this book. Oh and let's not forget that in order to put in correct page breaks you have to make sure that you have the right addition.

Grace who is another frustrated validator.