[bksvol-discuss] Re: Site features

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:13:12 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, E. that does help, long with what Jake said.
But what I'd really like is to have two windows open
at the same time soI can slide back and forth without
re-opening. I'm going to try it.  I wish, if we had
several books downloaded and want to renew them, that
the upload window wouldn't close after we renew one
but would let us renew or release what we want to
until we're finished. Same with downloading. If we
want to download two or three books that have been on
the list for quite a while, so we're not preventing
someone else from taking them who might want them, we
could do it without having to return to the list.
Lately I've been able to hit the back button, at least
for the renewals, and get to the uplod page quickly,
so it't not as big a problem as before.

Guido, no need to lecture me (smile)> I know I'm not
supposed to have a lot of books at one time, and I
really don't have that many. I released a lot I had
before, and if they're still on the list and haven't
been thrown out, which I think Marissa said she might
do to books that have been on for 9 months or a year,
I'll take them when I've finished with what I have.
The only ones I have at the moment are ones that were
on page one for 6 - 9 months and had been released
numerous ties before I took them. It's my way of
"leaving no book behind" (unless it's too
time-consuming for me to fix because of all the
errors, and then I reject).

Cindy

--- "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you do shift-enter on a link that link will open
> in a new window.  Then
> you can close it with control-f4 and go back to the
> original bookshare
> window.  Those are window function keys, by the way,
> and will work in other
> similar circumstances.  Saves the trouble of the
> original window
> re-loading.  Hope that helps.
>
> E.
>

> At 11:54 PM 6/21/2005, you wrote:
>
> >While navigating around BookShare I have noticed
> there are some areas like
> >instructions that will open in a new window but on
> the download page when
> >you go to look at the details of a book it loads a
> window closing the
> >download page. It would be nice to have the longer
> book descriptions in in a
> >new window so you don't have to load the download
> page to get back to it.
> >

> >      Kaitlyn
> >No one is given a dream without also being given
> the power to make it come
> >true
> >Kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Reconnective Healing energy Practitioner
> >Level III
> >
> >Life is not measured by the number of breaths you
> take but by the number of
> >moments that take your breath away:)

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com