[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requesting Member Feedback: Series Titles

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 00:01:39 -0500

Hi, Allison. You're asking good questions here. I have been wondering about
these things too. I'm with Christina on this one. I like the formatting of
option B in question 1. I do like some sort of punctuation between the title
and the series information because a screenreader will pause slightly to
indicate where the title ends and the series name begins. I don't know how I
would feel if I were reading Braille. As for question 3, I don't use the #
(number) sign. I'm not opposed to it though and would accommodate Braille
users if I were told that using the # sign would make things better for
them. I have assumed that Braille notetakers would know how to handle a
number in a title and would insert the number sign where it's needed.

Monica Willyard