[bksvol-discuss] Re: Requesting Member Feedback: Series Titles

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 15:33:46 -0800 (PST)

There's a prob;em with that. A colon after a title indicates a subtitle. The
series title should be in parentheses after the title. As for other
punctuation, simply from a grammatical point of view,there usually is a comma
after the series before the number of the place in the series, but I suppose it
isn't necssary.

I'm reading these because I often find series titles *and* subtitles when I'm
dong my books-added list, and I add them. I'll try to do what Allison does, but
at the moment I'm  bit confused--some of you want the number sign and some
don't. Usually  just copy what's on Amazon and B&N and paste it next to the
book title before the author's name. I guess I won't worry about the forms all
being the same. Variety is the spice of life, isn't it? smile

A book added to the collection yesterday is part of two series, apparently;
Trickster (children's lit) is number 3 in both the Wild at Heart series and the
Volunteer series, so I put both.

AT
www.lljfm.net/bookshare/home.htm

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/