[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question

  • From: "Susan Lumpkin" <slumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 02:54:07 -0500

Thanks for your tip!

-----Original Message-----
.From: "Gerald Hovas"<GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
.Sent: 5/3/06 1:38:58 AM
.To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
.Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Question
.
.Susan,
.
.Don't forget that the same book can have more than one ISBN due to the
.publisher assigning different ISBNs to different releases (i.e. hardback,
.trade paperback, mass market paperback...), so you need to be careful when
.looking up an ISBN like this and stating that the one you found is the
.correct ISBN.  Since this is a Harlequin romance, it's probably safe making
.the assumption because it's my impression that they only come in mass market
.paperbacks.  If you know otherwise, then you'd need to know which release it
.is before being confident that you found the right one.
.
.Sue,
.
.Fortunatley, I don't think it's that big a deal, though.  If it's not
.obvious that the one Susan found is the one in the book, then don't worry
.about leaving the text as it is since ISBN isn't required by Bookshare, and
.I don't believe they'd want a book to be rejected due to scanning errors in
.the ISBN, and I'm sure they would prefer you not delete it from the book
.because it has scanning errors or guess at what it should be.
.
.If you still have reservations about what to do, the safe thing to do is
.always ask Gustavo.
.
.HTH
.