[bksvol-discuss] Re: From List-serve to Discussion Board?

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 20:58:17 -0800

Hi. I know I'm late in this discussion, but I also know that I'm not unique in this view. If a decision is made to abandon a mailing list format, I'm out of here. I refuse to do discussion boards, forums, etc. I would much rather go through 200 messages and filter them. I'm not going to open a browser just to read this list. Also, it only takes a fraction of a second to delete posts. I delete most of the discussion, so I don't see the flames that others complain about.

Now if someone wants to abandon freelists, I'm all for it. They are certainly better than topica, but have some real annoyances. Don't ever mention sub scribing to a list in the first few lines of a message, for example.