[bksvol-discuss] Re: From List-serve to Discussion Board?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:05:35 -0500 (EST)

Louise

Part of what can or cannot be done is dependent upon the Freelist software
and its capabilities.
Yahoogroups, as an example, allows a group moderator to place an
individual under moderation meaning that the person's posts must be
cleared by him/her before going to the list as a whole.
Whether Freelists allows a member to be placed under moderation, I have no
idea.
As someone else noted earlier this afternoon, these things come and go and
we'll likely return to a state where messaging slows as people return to
non-holiday activities.

One rule that I try imposing on myself is that If I have the urge to send
something highly negative,, I postpone the msg for a few hours.
When I come back to it, I most often either reword it totally or just
scrap it entirely.
When I've resisted the urge to postpone, I most often have regretted not
doing so later.