[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:44:06 -0500

Cindy,  for best ease of processing the page number should be at the very
top left of a page, followed by a blank line, or at the bottom of the page
left justified, preceeded by a blank line.

As I have mentionedso many times, seam,  page numbers are NOT lost,  even
though at this time they are not preserved in the body text but are
relegated to Daisy tags.  Page numbers are kept in all archival copies. At
some future,  I have reasons to believe that users,  including Braille
users,  will be able to specify the pagination methodology they wish to
have in the book they download.

Of course,  in order to do this,  we must submit materials that adhere to
certain standards.
Hope this helps,

G.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
06/06/2005 08:17 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

Guido, what happens if we leave a space between the
page break and the page number? Can it still be
included in the Daisy page?And if we leave a space
after the bottom-of-the-pge page number and the page
break? Will that save the number for the Daisy
conversion and also leave the number there for Braille
and other readers, such as the sighted disabled who
also qualify for bookshare membership?

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com