[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

  • From: Pascha Lea <pascha2u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 11:50:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Thanks to Cindy and everyone who has responded. I
think this is clearing things up for me. The book I
recently validated, and that I royally messed up is
"Cat's Eye" by Margaret Atwood. I guarantee all the
text is beautiful, but I totally ruined it by removing
all page breaks, page numbers, etc. Boo hoo :( I also
don't have the hard copy anymore as I returned it to
the library - although I'm sure I could easily get it
again if I could get it back somehow. I still have my
own copy of it - but I assume I can't 're-submit' it
as a 're-validation', can I?

I'm now in the process of 'correcting' all my
exhuberant removal of various page breaks from the
book I'm currently working on. It's "Lioness Rampant"
by Tamora Pierce - book four of the young adult's
series "The Song of the Lioness".

My husband is not yet a member, mainly because he's
been too busy (lazy?) to finish his subscription. I
always considered this a volunteer effort anyway -
it's something I enjoy doing, and I love books.

I would be happy to help in any way I can with
books/pictures/descriptions as long as it doesn't
require the use of a scanner. If it's a matter of
retyping unscannable stuff - I type about 60-70 words
per minute and I'm happy to retype a few pages
(although retyping entire books might get a bit
tedious :) ) I am happy to do descriptions as well.

Thanks again everyone,

Lea

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html