[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 22:29:31 -0500

No,  the stripper gobbles up only isolated lines,  that's the reason for
the splitting on two lines.

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/06/2005 08:54 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

Cindy,
I don't think you have to worry about the location of the chapter numbers
and titles.  The only reason that the page numbers have to be in specific
places is so that they can be identified for use in the daisy file.  I
don't think the daisy converter is smart enough to find and use chapters
as
navigation points yet.  I hope they will have that sometime in the future,

though.  Still extra formating could only help in that process, not hinder

it. :-)

The idea of splitting up the chapter titles is to make them look less
consistent and therefore less appetizing to the stripper.  I am wondering
if that causes the stripper to eat the word chapter but leave the number
and/or title alone.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Instructor
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity