[bksvol-discuss] Re: Confused!

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:30:20 -0500

Hi Lea,
There are two things you could do about Cat's Eye if you want to put the
page breaks back in. First, I think the Bookshare admin would be able to
kick back either the original submission or your validated version, or maybe
even both, to the download page. You could then get the hard copy of the
book again and put the page breaks in. If you had your own version that you
validated to work from, it wouldn't be too difficult, though it would be
tedious.
Alternatively, you could take the file on your computer, use the hard copy
to put the page breaks back in, and submit the file as if it were a new
submission. The difference is that you would explain the situation in the
comments field, and state that the original submitter should get the $2.50
usual credit. Either way, if this book is in txt format you will need to
first convert it to rtf and then add the page breaks, because Word and
WordPad both eat page breaks in txt files.

I'm not saying that you have to do any of this, but in case you want to I
thought I'd give you ideas on how to go about it.
Thanks,
Kellie