[bksvol-discuss] Books rated excellent recently added to the collection that are really only good

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:07:39 -0500

Let me add my 'ditto' to the complaints posted here today about books entering the collection recently that aren't up to snuff.

I was just crabbing off-list to Grandma Cindy about this last week. I've downloaded several books this last month that had just entered the collection which had many obvious errors, but were rated excellent. I've certainly missed stuff myself when validating, even though I read through every single book I validate, but the errors I found in downloaded books were things like chapter after chapter with "1" instead of "I" in the text.

As a validator, I appreciate scanners like Shelley and Mayrie (and many others) who put in their comments whether or not they've read the scan through, if they've spell-checked it, stripped headings, verified page numbers and the like. I'm much more likely to download a book from the step 1 list if that information is available, because I know what to expect and can judge how much time I will have to allocate to give that book the attention it might need.

Judy s.