[bksvol-discuss] Re: Books rated excellent recently added to the collection that are really only good

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:08:31 -0500

Well, if it is an obvious error, if we are absolutely sure of the correct
title, (as in my case with the Roy Orbison book which I should submit for
review, then I will do it. If I am not sure, I will not even begin to get
the idea I should change it. All Roy Orbison fans should know the correct
title of that song referred too in that book, but if you were  not a fan or
didn't know the titles of his songs, then you might think that "breaking up
is hard to do," is correct, when in fact, it is not. So, since I know, I
changed it to "breaking up is breaking my heart," the correct title. It is
like saying, in this case that president Truman was elected in 1960, when in
fact, it was not. :)
:) <grin>
Authors are human, they do not know all the facts or they can, even in book
form, make mistakes. We are not "authors" as such, but if you have a fact,
it is a fact after all, and whether or not it is a book, published or not,
if that fact is continually allowed to flourish via your hands as "editors"
as such, then you are responsible if you do not change it to the correct
facts, if your ground is as certain as the rock that is the essence of this
planet. <grin>

Curtis Delzer