[bksvol-discuss] Re: Best cookbooks How many does Bookshare have

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kkellyp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:01:53 -0600

Sandy,

Thanks for the support and encouragement.  As someone with blindness
whose independence is as a result of being different from most people,
I am highly comfortable in this role.  I am not like the two-thirds of
Americans who are overweight or obese, the 85 percent who don’t
exercise as little as three times a week, or the typical American who
gets nearly half his calories from sugar or synthetic non-foods. Those
of us who want an extraordinary life don’t settle for being like the
herd.

Kim,

I was a raw foodist for a while and recently uploaded the raw food
books I scanned during that time of under nourishment and essential
nutrient deprivation.  I hope others in warmer climates find them of
benefit.  I have enjoyed the book “Menus from History” in the
collection, which offers the menus and recipes from important meals in
the last few hundred years.  I now use the pumpkin pie recipe from
this book rather than store bought pies.  A big thanks to those who
scanned and proofed this lengthy book.

Kelly