atw: Re: WARNING: Recruiter advertisements are ONLY trawling for resumes for tender responses!

  • From: "Christine Kent" <cmkentau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:52:44 +1000

From: austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:austechwriter-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Warren Lewington
Sent: Wednesday, 15 August 2012 4:10 PM
To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: atw: Re: WARNING: Recruiter advertisements are ONLY trawling for
resumes for tender responses!

Not much anymore. But I have yet to take the courage and be fined and not
pay; then front up in court for not voting. I really should. I feel strongly
enough to do it though. And I am seriously investigating the consequences of
that kind of conviction to my international travel and visa applications for
the next federal election. Just in case.

The law once caught up with me and I  found I had 1 day's jail time to
serve.  I had long since moved and so compliantly turned myself into my
local police station - many miles away from the seat of my crime.  They took
one look at the slip and told me, very irately, to report to the correct
police station.  Of course, I did not.  For all I know I am still a criminal
with a day's jail to serve.

We as a society need to seriously re-engage with values that are fundamental
to our cultural existence. WE all need to shape up a bit and face some
desperately difficult decisions.

Do you think the amoral are even aware that they ARE amoral and that there
is another way?  I wonder if our culture has slipped beyond that point.