atw: Re: WARNING: Recruiter advertisements are ONLY trawling for resumes for tender responses!

  • From: Howard Silcock <howard.silcock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:31:39 +1000

Are you sure it's true that the law doesn't say that voting is compulsory?
It's certainly true that *in practice *you can get away with registering to
vote, then throwing away or defacing or destroying your ballot paper. But
the Electoral Commission clearly states that voting is compulsory. There
may be limits to what will be done to enforce the law, but that doesn't
change the law.

Howard