atw: Re: WARNING: Recruiter advertisements are ONLY trawling for resumes for tender responses!

  • From: Neil Maloney <maloneyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:05:29 +1000

Most (not all) recruiting agencies compress "moral compass" into "morass" and so don't go there.

Neil.

On 14/08/2012 4:26 PM, Warren Lewington wrote:

Hi all.

A large number of the contract roles being posted at the moment are not genuine. I have found this out after stupidly sending resumes off  - and on one occasion after specifically asking if the role has been funded and authorised. To which question, the answer was “yes.” Twice in the last 24 hours I have later been called and told that the “role” I applied for is a tender response and they (those placing the bid) want to use my resume as part of the bid.

Well. I think if all you want is a resume for the off chance you might win a tender bid then you should damn well say it in the advertisements and more, you should be paying for it. I spend a lot of time updating my resume, which reflects the skills I have taken years of effort, energy, and graft to develop.

So for me, in this respect, the resume is a product or commodity of considerable value, and should be treated as such.

SO YOU SHOULD BLOODY WELL PAY FOR IT. Especially if you win the bid, and don’t choose to use the people whose resumes you took and put into the bid – and I know that happens – I have worked in a bidding department for John Holland...

To follow that up, I have today (15:50 actually) called the ACCC to ask about the false advertising regulatory framework and have been told that (basically) if there is no monetary exchange (commercial or otherwise) then the advertisements and unethical behaviour such as we are seeing from the recruiters is out of the ACCCs capability to act against. Well, I bet the recruiters must know that already.

I think this sort of behaviour is beyond dishonest. It demonstrates to me the lack of trust that recruiters and their cronies higher up the food chains have rightfully earned. I also think that the recruiters on the list should be ashamed of your own industry. You need to shape yourselves up. You cannot deny or defend yourselves in the face of such miserable hyena like ethical behaviour.

If you are having trouble understanding honesty, ethics, and integrity; then perhaps you should talk to a local minister, imam, priest or rabbi; they can assist you with a moral compass. I can give you several names if you want them.

Unimpressed.

Warren Lewington…

************************************************** To view the austechwriter archives, go to www.freelists.org/archives/austechwriter To unsubscribe, send a message to austechwriter-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" in the Subject field (without quotes). To manage your subscription (e.g., set and unset DIGEST and VACATION modes) go to www.freelists.org/list/austechwriter To contact the list administrator, send a message to austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx **************************************************