[AR] Re: Rocket Labs

  • From: Peter Fairbrother <zenadsl6186@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 01:56:02 +0100

On 17/09/15 00:48, Bill Claybaugh wrote:

Or is it just another urban legend that airlines make no profit?

Why do people continue to finance them?

Sounds like an urban legend to me, but what do I kno?

Indeed; see Warren Buffet in the 22 November 1999 issue of Fortune magazine.

In one word - glamour. People invest in airlines, and spaaace, for glamour, not for profit.

That is of course the reason why no-profit pricing continues to exist in the airline industry - the extra, nan-balance-sheet, profit of glamour.

-- Peter Fairbrother