[AR] Re: Rocket Labs

  • From: Peter Fairbrother <zenadsl6186@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arocket@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 00:15:55 +0100

On 16/09/15 23:49, Bill Claybaugh wrote:

Sorry, Pierce, but your point is simply wrong.

Airlines--and space launchers--have no profits because it is an
inherently no profit business.

Why is that? Airlines provide a service which people are willing to pay a market rate for.

If they make no profit, then the market rate has been manipulated. How?

Or is it just another urban legend that airlines make no profit?

Why do people continue to finance them?

Sounds like an urban legend to me, but what do I kno?

-- Peter Fairbrother

That has nothing to do with the cost of
the hardware.

When the per flight cost of the hardware drops to near zero--as is the
case in the airline business--the flights will stay prove to generate no
profit.