[argyllcms] Re: i need some suggestion calibration/profiling.

  • From: "edmund ronald" <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:29:34 +0100

Just to keep this idiot (me) sane - is the the original poster
-Andrea- using a wide gamut CG-series monitor, on Windows?
If so, maybe to match the monitors, the following should be helpful.

1. Profiling the cheap monitor to the desired white point, luminosity and gamma
2. Measuring the resultant *actual* white point.
3. Setting the luminosity and color temp as profiling targets for the
second monitor (the good one), and use software that can write the
internal tables of the CG.

Of course, I love Argyll too, but I don't understand the point of
using a top-featured monitor when Argyll is simply not designed to
make use of those features. Or else, more probably,  there something I
am missing here ?

Edmund