[argyllcms] Re: i need some suggestion calibration/profiling.

  • From: "Andrea Barbieri" <andrea.barbieri01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 10:51:40 +0100

Yes i'm  aware of color eyes, basicc color, color navigator that come into
the Eizo cd...and one match work, is not dead is alive and in producton
maybe not the best, but harware is the same of display2, software cutted, as
xrite say on theyr website..

And i know there's better calibrator, maybe a spyder3, or i find one the
dtp94 old but "gold", or color munki (that's i discovered hardware  is an
isis,Graem could i don't know if you know that.. could be usefull to you for
drivers?)
or there's the Lafot Monitor control Lmc03  from jenoptic/matzen, (is the
one i'm more thinking about seems to outperform any other on the market..but
is not supported by Argyll and not diffused.).

but coming back to argyll....

I choose Argyll for some reason,
1) in theory could outperform any other software, customizable, in all
parameters, from patches to profondity of the icc.. i suppose but i could
only suppose due to my poor knowledge, using argyll one could correct any
deviation from a wanted delta... for colour.. (example i noticed that with
color nav, i'm under delta 1 but a gray is 0.94, and that's a deviation, i
suppose could be corrected, +to say something*. "" forcing more gray
patches, to correct the deviation.""

2)i choose argyll cause is free and open source, so in theory, could grown
more fast, and implement in future things others wouldn't or that will cost
to end user a lot, maybe that way one lost some functionality, like ddc, and
a lot of bells and whistles, but if there's something new, Graem could
implement new things more fast than others.

3) i think i  could learn, is not only the software and the hardware, is the
knowledge that pass, the real usefull thing,tips and tricks, knoledge in how
one have to do things to meet a result and so on.

Maybe i'm wrong.

:D
in truth i started this topic in search of suggestion,  about argyll
parameters to use, someone that check if there's something wrong in the icc
produced using settings i've used, tips to do the things right, to reach the
goal..
Really thanks  for the patience..