[argyllcms] Re: i need some suggestion calibration/profiling.

  • From: "Hal V. Engel" <hvengel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:00:12 -0800

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 09:29:09 edmund ronald wrote:
> Graeme,
>
>  As you know, I am all for having public hardware interfaces; in fact
> the only reason I can think off why people wouldn't provide those is
> to cripple the devices they sell. Now we don't know any company that
> would want to do such a thing to its customers, would we ?

You forgot to add this :)  Ok now remove your tongue from your cheek.

> Andrea,
>  I have a dumb suggestion for you. Just switch your CG222 to one of
> its preset color spaces. CG-series Eizo monitors are usually pretty
> much ok on the day they ship. In fact they come with a test
> certificate that states they are. It should stay ok for several months
> if it's not defective. You can use Argyll to generate a profile for
> that preset, but I'd advise you simply use the indicated colorspace at
> first.
>
>  And over a few months you should be able to save enough money to be
> able to afford a new colorimeter. Because an i1 Display1 is *in my
> opinion* not exactly what you want to use with a wide gamut display.
> That version didn't have a very good rep as I remember and was soon
> superseded. Your colorimeter may be dead; this won't show up in the
> profiles. By the way, you are aware that i1Match can be upgrade at
> will from the Xrite  site ?
>
> Edmund

How about downloading the ColorNavigator software from the Eizo web site.  The
CG220 is listed as supported by this software and it works with the EyeOne
Display and is available for most Windows and OS/X versions..  It will
calibrate the internal monitor LUTs.

Hal