[argyllcms] Re: i need some suggestion calibration/profiling.

ok i'm lost...
Edmund..
If i was related to that Barbieri i suppose, i would not be so ignorant in
colour management.. and for sure i would'nt have an old GretagMachbet
display one.. eheh, with a family that produce spectrofotometer...  would be
an
Barbieri is a really common second name in North Italy
Yes i'm using the cg222 and the S1931 on a Windows Vista 64bit enviroment.
Matching is not what i'm trying. The monitors are "similar" in colour
rendition, but really different in deep colour, i don't want sacrifice the
cg222
The 1931 i would be happy if i could match correctly the srgb. (so for the
web gallery i'm ok), and check i've reach the point in the right way...
the cg222 at max of his possibilities.

I know argyll could not access to the ddc, and hardware calibrate the
monitor lut.
but software based profiling and calibration, could be done, ( colour gains
and brghtness there's in the menu..) so i suppose argyll could calibrate
perfectly a wide gamut monitor, keeping in mind that have a little
advantage, is not "patch" limited, as other software, and could deeply fine
tune the profile, if one (not me) know very well what is doing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graem is a pity you are not near here, or i will let you "play" with the
cg222.
But maybe a stupid thing to think,but writing  two words to eizo? maybe they
could give you the needed specifics.. in order to implement ddc..
for Eizo is always a free advertising, "support" an opensource project.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin i would search.. so eplained make me a bit confused.. and my room is
a bit dim in light.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
would someone have the patience to give a look to the two icm and tell me if
i done the things right,  if are "right.."
I would try re- reading the argyll  docs trying to see if i forgot
something, and how to improve the parameters set to better calibrate the
cg222  and check how to add patches for the gray.
i know there's not perfect parameteres recipt for all monitors.
But for sure as you have more experience than me.. some tips given frome
experience could be usefull.
I suppose all i want do someone else have done before me..

thanks to all
.