[argyllcms] Re: "Washed" / low contrast colors on calibrated display

  • From: "Frédéric Mantegazza" <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:03:27 +0100 (CET)

Le 7/1/2008, "lee scratchy" <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

> well here's what it gave on my HC3100, using "qh" with my spyder2 :
> http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/download.php?id=45723
>
> you need the color.hcfr application to open it

I'll have a look at it...

>I got ARGYLL in fullscreen, I used the overscan option of the pj at 92% so the
>window borders don't interfere and I did the calibration in a pitch black room.

Same for us (but under linux, there is no problem with window border ;o)
).

> you seem to be having a lot of problems with your i1, whatever on the CRT or
> the pj.

Well, with a monitor, the problem is only a little banding effect in
blue; with the projector (Optoma EP739H), there is also a huge
over-saturation...

W'll try to use the high quality, but as you said, it will take 1 hour
and a half!

Graeme, this makes me think that when using the i1d2 with the projector,
we get very low values, as a projector is less bright than a monitor.
Could it be the issue?

--
   Frédéric