[argyllcms] Re: "Washed" / low contrast colors on calibrated display

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:36:00 +1100

Graeme, are you aware of this problem ? It might be better to not
output any value instead of a constantly broken value.

It's not a "problem", it's the nature of the instrument. It only
has a single (hence monochrome) sensor for ambient light (the
little grey "bump" on the back).
Naturally it can't report a color temperature from it.
(I'll modify spotread to not report the CCT in this case).

I was also wondering the "real" difference between huey and hueyPro :
Pantone is saying they "upgrade" the sensor firmware but I have some
doubts about that and I guess that is their way of "selling" a pure
software upgrade (which is not needed for argyllcms luky users ..).

Hard to say without an instrument to play with. I would
be a bit surprised if the instrument itself was different,
but it's possible of course, and it isn't driven quite the
way the i1d2 is driven.