[argyllcms] Re: More on instrument access

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 20:44:08 +1100

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

Due to its popularity and efficiency, I think Argyll project could find distros maintainers. It may solve a lot of problems, adding all specific stuffs (udev stuffs, should I say!). Having Argyll part of distro like debian could help, I think.

I don't mind if it's picked up by various distributions, but
it shouldn't need to depend on them. It should be possible for
application developers to package an application once for Linux,
and have it work properly on all Linux distributions.
That way updates are faster, and the effort only needs to
be done once, rather than once per distribution.