[argyllcms] Re: More on instrument access

Le Mar 8 janvier 2008 02:37, Leonard Evens a écrit :

> This is something that I'm not sure I understand.  The sorts of things
> we've been talking about in connection with udev are functions of the
> kernel, and unless I'm completely off base, all Linux versions use the
> same  kernels.

The problem is trying to distribute out-of distro some software and
expect it to work on every distro out there, regardless of it's time
era and base libs/kernel/udev, using a build system totally unable to
do even the most basic system capabilities detection, when the system
is organised for in-distro packaging at distro release time with every
distribution getting a coherent software combo corresponding to its
release date.

--
Nicolas Mailhot