[argyllcms] Re: Best way to proceed?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:59:59 +1000

Ben Goren wrote:
Because of the confines of the space I'm working in -- my parents' garage for the large works, and my apartment kitchen for the few small ones -- I don't have much (any, really) room to move the lights from a standard 45o setup. I can, however, adjust the ratio of the lights. I've played around with it a bit already, and I think it'll significantly enhance the results. The one I've posted samples of probably needs about a 3 - 1 ratio, I think.

I'm only theorizing, but I would imagine that to bring out the directional
aspects of the timber, you need some highlights. Uniform lighting will tend
to show timber at its most dull, given the nature of the grain.