[argyllcms] Re: Best way to proceed?

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 13:23:51 -0700
On 2008 Jun 1, at 4:41 AM, Roger Breton wrote:

Best way remain making readings with your i1 on the wood itself, in Lab, and edit the image in Photoshop until you attain those Lab values. I know I've that once on a women's shoes photo shoot and that game me perfect results.

As I hinted a couple emails back, I tried exactly that. Spent some time at it. There's too great a variation in samples based on minute differences in positioning the i1. Worse, the changing characteristics of the wood with shifting light angles means that, for example, the side lighting of the shot made that particular spot come out muchlighter than will show with the straight-on light of the i1....

<sigh>

I really had a lot of hope for your suggestion, as it would at least give me something to anchor myself on, and maybe imply an automated solution might work....

Cheers,

b&